Welcome to my Best Garbage Disposal and Garbage Disposal Reviews website! I’m Meg and if you’re looking around for the best garbage disposal to buy or puzzled by the types of garbage disposal out there, you’ve arrived at the right page.
I’ve used a number of garbage disposers and thus know quite a bit about what the best garbage disposal is out there in the market. From my experience, you’ll probably find garbage disposal ratings, some handy guides and tips on garbage disposer to help you along the way before you buy, during your usage and after usage.
Best Garbage Disposal – Quick Links
How to Pick the Best Garbage Disposal?
Before you scroll below, do note that garbage disposal is also sometimes called garbage disposer. Hence, I inter-change these words to make sure you’re familiarized with them.
So what are garbage disposals? They’re mainly bought because people want to keep their kitchen cleaner and to save the environment by reducing the amount of food scraps in the landfills. If you want to know more, read my Introduction post.
Types of Garbage Disposals
Now that you understand what a garbage disposer is, there are not that many types of garbage disposal in reality. I’ve compiled about four types but essentially what you will need in everyday life is either the first or the second as most people use that.
- Continuous-feed Disposals – Placed under a sink. Efficient and quick grinding.
- Batch-feed Disposals – Simpler installation and safer than continuous-feed disposals.
- Dishwasher Garbage Disposals – Only for food particles and can also be found inside the dishwasher unit
- Septic Tank Garbage Disposals – Only for septic tanks. There is a special feature to break down food scraps.
Click here to learn more about the different types of garbage disposals in detail and figure out which is the best garbage disposal for you and your family.
Other hints on how to buy the best garbage disposal
Before buying your garbage disposer, note the following important points:
- Check local laws
- Check your sewer system
After discovering that your sewer system is compatible with the garbage disposal, you can then move on to find a garbage disposal. There are eleven pointers for you to find the best garbage disposal:
- Note your sink area
- Dishwasher drain connection
- Frequency of usage
- Stainless-steel blades
- Noise Level
- Easy to Install
- Special features/ Accessories (Added cost)
If you have time, you’ll benefit more if you read them in greater detail on how to choose the best garbage disposal. So take your time to browse my guide on how to buy the best garbage disposal. Then you’ll be ready to look at the different garbage disposal ratings below.
Best Garbage Disposal – My Garbage Disposal Reviews
There are six garbage disposal ratings below to help you understand what they are best for. Hopefully by separating my garbage disposal reviews in their respective categories, they will help you find the best garbage disposal for you!
- Best Continuous Garbage Disposal
Best for those who want an efficient and continuous garbage disposer.
- Best Batch-Feed Garbage Disposer
Best for those who want a reliable and silent garbage disposer.
- Quickest Garbage Disposer
Best for those who lack time in their hectic schedule day in and day out.
- Best Budget Garbage Disposal
Best for those who want value for money garbage disposal.
- Space-Efficient Garbage Disposer
Best for those who lack the space under their sink.
- Safest Batch Feed Garbage Disposal
Best for families who have small kids and place safety as their main priority.
Best Garbage Disposals – More Tips
You don’t really have to do much to maintain your garbage disposal but a few tips along the way will help you to avoid damage because once damaged, the garbage disposal will cause you a lot of problems.
So, do run through this before you buy your garbage disposer:
- Run cold water
- Biodegradable food waste only (no expandable food)
- Don’t use your garbage disposal as a trash can
- Use a tool to un-jam the garbage disposer
- Sharpen the disposer teeth from time to time
- Water is essential
- Reset the garbage disposer
- Feed the garbage disposal slowly
- Combat odor with natural stuff
More than other kinds of electrical equipment, you would want to ensure that your garbage disposal don’t cause you more trouble. So, check out my garbage disposal tips here.
More tips and reviews coming up in my garbage disposal blog!